Sunday, May 30, 2010

Aka-tora

I went to Saitama today to attend a gathering of Kai breeders. We were all getting together since the spring Tenrankai season has ended. There were 10 of us all together, and for lunch our host prepared a great bento (Japanese for lunch box?), miso soup, home made pickles, and home made green tea cakes. We talked Kai all day, and I discovered our host has pretty much every out of print book on Kai. I've been looking for these books for ages, so I'm sure it looked like my eyes were popping out of their sockets while I poured over them. I've gotten permission to borrow them in the near future so should be able to get some scans/copies.

It was an extremely informative and fun get together with some very knowledgeable breeders. I'm happy to know them, and have them on hand to answer all my boring questions. Other than one couple that I met for the first time, I've known or been friends with the rest of the breeders for some time now.

I got to take a few pictures of our host's dogs. I decided to post some of this male named Musashi. He's the sire of a pup I sent to a friend in the States a fortnight ago. This is an aka-tora Kai (red brindle).

DSC_0058

DSC_0088

DSC_0066

DSC_0074

And here's one of the pup that went to the States' sister.

DSC_0096

No comments:

Post a Comment