Monday, November 8, 2010

KKA Tenrankai 2010 Fall

So Sunday was the KKA Tenrankai (exhibition). There's one every Spring and Fall. It was a beautiful day though it did end up getting a little warm for the dogs. I took all of mine with me as it's a long trip out and I wasn't sure what time I'd get home. As it goes, it was a good thing I did. We ended up in a 50km traffic jam on the way home.

There's not really much to say about the day. I guess I've been to quite a few Tenrankai's now, and this one rolled on as they all do. There seemed to be a few less dogs/onlookers than usual, probably due to the fact that they had to postpone it a week because of the typhoon that rolled through on the 31st.

I was happy to be there though. Did manage to see a male that I really liked, and getting to hang out with friends is always a pleasure. At lunch I was invited to several BBQ's hosted by friends, one of whom whipped up a terrific stew filled with boar that I had given him a couple weeks ago.

Without further ado, here are some pictures.

Hana, a friend's female and dam to a pup (Kumi) that went overseas earlier this year. She was entered in the overall champion category, but unfortunately did not win.

DSC_0451

2 young males, siblings out of a litter born at a friend's kennel

DSC_0461

The male on the right in the last picture. I prefer him to his brother.

DSC_0470

DSC_0488

Mao, a friend's male, and sire to a pup that went overseas earlier this year.

DSC_0504

A couple of big game hunting Kai owned by a friend.

DSC_0519

Someone was falling asleep in the ring.

DSC_0538

Eishin, a friend's male and former overall champion. He is also the sire of two pups that went to the States last week (Ayu/Tora).

DSC_0573

Eishin in the ring.

DSC_0582

Kokushin, a famous stud male. He's 11 years old.

DSC_0598

DSC_0603

This pup is the sister of Kibou, a pup that went to the States earlier this year.

DSC_0615

A shot of her brindle.

DSC_0626

Smile for the camera.

DSC_0629

A very light colored Kai. Not the greatest coloration, but wanted to show an unusual dog.

DSC_0631

The ring.

DSC_0632

DSC_0634

I haven't seen a male that I really liked in a while. This guy took 3rd in the young male category. I think he was amazing.

DSC_0645

DSC_0663

The male in first place. Yawn... too easy he seems to be saying.

DSC_0654

Mount Fuji was clearly visible.

DSC_0679

DSC_0681

Long tongue.

DSC_0683

DSC_0686

DSC_0700

A good friend showing his male, Boss. He took 4th in the adult male category.

DSC_0711

Overall champion this year.

DSC_0720

No comments:

Post a Comment